Monday, December 17, 2007

oh, 2007

how crazy is it that 2007 is almost over? it went by in a blur. then again, 2006 must have, too, because I'm compiling a list of my favorite albums of 2007, and I had Justin Timberlake on there. shows how up to date I am on that...

so to close out this year, i'm going to start posting my lists. this first list is the same one that Matt Rubano and various others did for buzznet, and here's mine.

1. Most listened to record:
The Almost - Southern Weather. I don't know what it was about this album that had me playing it non-stop. I listened to it in the car. In the hospital. While I was sitting on my ass doing nothing. Since my ears can't handle Underoath most of the time (yes, I'm a softie), The Almost was perfect for me.

2. Most listened to song:
This Is Why I'm Hot - Mims Did this song even come out in 2007? I think it did. Either way, my brother and dad can't get enough of this song. Neither could the radio stations, so needless to say, I heard it quite a lot.

3. Best Concert:
The West Coast Winter Tour with Jack's Mannequin, The Audition, We Are The Fury, and Head Automatica. Let me just say that I went to this concert, and cried. Jack's Mannequin played their entire album, plus some Something Corporate stuff. Head Automatica was borderline insane. The Audition had energy that was tangible, and not a lot of people liked We Are The Fury, but they took the hate like rockstars.

4. Concert/tour you were most bummed that you missed:
Warped Tour. For the second year in a row. Ouch.

5. Best musical surprise of the year:
Britney Spears Sure, the woman is insane, and her VMA performance, for lack of better word, sucked. But then Blackout comes out, with some actual good songs, and ones that I listen to quite often at that, and I'm blown away. Good job, Britney. Fierce.

6. Worst musical letdown of the year:
The Color Fred Okay, so I actually do kind of like The Color Fred. What I don't like though, is that his album has only a total of two good songs. Maybe more, but only two are sticking out in my mind right now. It reminded me a lot of Sugarcult, and he certainly didn't show off the guitar talent we all know he has.

7. Favorite Movie:
Across The Universe Dear God, I don't think I've seen such a beautiful movie in the course of my sixteen years of existance. I think I was in tears close to the whole time. The songs were really well done, the storyline was pretty ace, and Bono was in it. I just don't even have enough words to describe how amazing this movie was to me.

8. Favorite TV Show:
Gossip Girl and Project Runway. Though Gossip Girl just started in September, and Project Runway just started a few weeks ago, I'm already in love. I was a big fan of the Gossip Girl books, and while the characters don't fit description, and there's a lot of parent drama, everything else is so good, I find myself looking forward to it every week. Not to mention, I've turned into a complete Penn Badgley fangirl. As for Project Runway, the designers are amazing this season. Christian has already won my heart. This season's contestants also seem to have more personality than all the other contestants from the other seasons put together.

9. Best Gadget:
I just got my first iPod in May this year, so I'm a little bit behind. I don't even know any really cool gadgets that came out this year, though I'm sure there are a million different iPods than the plain white 30gb video I just bought.

10. Person/Thing Blowing Up:
High School Musical Holy hell, you cannot escape the cult that is High School Musical. It's everywhere you go! Then again, so is just about every other musical act that came from Disney Channel.

Be expecting more lists until the end of the year. I made two consecutive posts. Impressive, right?

No comments: