The Sassyback Tour rolled through Cleveland October 12th at The House of Blues. The show was a little shorter than the usual at the HOB, seeing as Forever The Sickest Kids weren't on the bill yet. There was a little confusion and you wouldn't believe how many angry people there that were expecting Forever The Sickest Kids. The first opening act was Sing It Loud, I had never heard of them before and sat off to the side with my friend watching them. They were honestly one of the best opening acts I had seen in a while. Their stage show was great and they sounded amazing, their songs were catchy and never did I dance so hard to a song I didn't know. I went out after the show, bought one of their shirts and met the band. I have honestly never done this to an opening act, they were some of the sweetest nicest guys I have met and I would for sure go see them again on a headlining tour.
The second opening act was Hit The Lights. This was another band I had never heard anything from, besides that bodybag song that was popular a year or two ago. They were pretty good, they had me moving around a bit. They weren't exactly my kind of band and to me they were a little boring on stage. I met the lead singer after the show and he was a really sweet guy. He kept giving me and my friends these giant hugs. While they didn't impress me much on the stage, I was impressed that at least one of the band members was a really nice guy.
Cobra Starship played a kick ass show, they're one of those bands that even if they play a bad show it's good. That's how it was that night, I felt the set list could have been a million times better but they were still amazing. The set list seemed a little sloppy to me, though they did play a great mash-up of a bunch of old songs including The Ballad of Big Poppa and Diamond Girl and It's Amateur Night at The Appollo Creed! They didn't fail to keep the place dancing, coming out for an encore to Guilty Pleasure and covering the place in confetti. Definitely go check out this tour, even if you don't enjoy the opening band Cobra Starship will give you an amazing night.
-Tabitha Jones
Catch Cobra Starship, Sing It Loud, Forever the Sickest Kids & Hit the Lights on the Sassyback Tour when they roll through your town!
11.11 St. Petersburg, FL @ Jannus Landing
11.12 Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
11.13 Orlando, FL @ House Of Blues
11.14 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade - SOLD OUT!
11.15 Charleston, SC @ Music Farm
11.16 Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
11.18 Richmond, VA @ The National
11.19 Baltimore, MD @ Sonar
11.20 Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
11.21 Pittsburgh, PA @ Gravity
11.22 Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart's
11.23 Grand Rapids, MI @ The Intersection
11.25 Toronto, ON @ Opera House - SOLD OUT!
11.26 Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
11.28 Providence, RI @ Lupo's
11.29 Allentown, PA @ Crocodile Rock
11.30 Albany, NY @ Northern Lights
Be sure to tell Cobra leadsinger Gabe Saporta to take it easy. In a blog on Cobra Starship's myspace, he said:
So, as you probably already know, I've been having serious issues with my voice since Warped (I got a big ass cyst on my right vocal cord (which is like a calloused blister or some other gross shit) which gets worse the more I use my voice. Eventually I'll have to have surgery, but the problem with surgery is that I'll be out of commission for at least 2 months, and it may never heal properly. So basically I'm fucked either way. I've just been trying to make it through this tour as best as I can, saving my voice just for the shows [which is why I haven't been hanging as much as usual (please don't be mad! :/ ) ] , and having Ry-RY cover some of my parts. The CA shows this past weekend were AMAZING, but my voice has been KILLING me. So I went to the doctor today on our day off, and he said that if I don't give my voice a rest and stop agitating my damaged cord, there is no way I will be able to finish the tour.
So here is the real bad news: we have to cancel the Phoenix and El Paso shows. :( I'm sorry to throw you guys under the bus, but I promise we will make it up to you. Talking about my vocal problems gives me douche chills because I feel like one of those annoying divas who's always complaining, but I swear it's a real problem, and it sucks. So, I'm sorry again, and thank for being understanding and supportive. And hey, if it all goes to hell, at least you were there to watch. ;)
Xoxo
Gabey Baby
Yikes!
1 comment:
So jealous. I was going to go to the show Friday, but I was halfway home when my best friend called and said that it sold out.
We ended up going to Homecoming instead...
Post a Comment