Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekly Band Recommendations (Ice Palace & Caroline Smith and the Good Night Sleeps).

I'm more than a few days late on these, so technically you'll have two band recommendation posts this week. Hopefully I'll pick up the ball on Wednesday.

Truthfully, I had never heard of Ice Palace until I found out that they were touring with Cloud Cult and Margot and the Nuclear So & So's this month. I'm seeing them in nine short days, and upon listening to this band, I am fully excited for the show. Though they are not the most intricate of bands, there are certain parts of certain songs that really tug one into the song (such as in Phonebook Pillow). This band has a haunting tone that laces through most of their songs, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you like indie/folk/rock, you will for sure like this band.

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/icepalaceband
Recommended song: Trampolining


Stumbling across this band made my morning. Perfect for a Sunday morning that isn't meant to be lazy. Caroline Smith and the Good Night Sleeps is fronted with the vocals of, obviously, Caroline Smith. Her voice holds a beautiful clarity and tone to it that sticks out above the soft and not-too-overpowering band. It's softer music with a slightly uplifting edge that can satisfy those looking for softer listening or just a little bit harder. Wonderful music.

Myspace: www.myspace.com/carolinesmithmusic
Recommended song: Closing the Doors
Similar artists: Charlotte Sometimes, Feist, Meiko

Please check out and support each of these bands. They deserve it!

-Courtney Kaz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting story as for me. I'd like to read something more concerning this topic.
By the way look at the design I've made myself London escort