Thursday, October 1, 2009

Harry Potter & Creative Posse.


The past few weeks in Chicago have basically been some of the craziest of my life. One of the things that I had been most excited about when moving to Chicago was the Harry potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry. I'm a self-proclaimed nerd, and I'm a geek when it comes to Harry Potter. So after hearing that the museum had hundreds of movie props and such, I was more than ecstatic to hear that my friend Brian has a membership to the museum, as well as free vouchers for the exhibit. Above is a photograph of the infamous flying car. Unfortunately, I was not able to take pictures of any of the other parts of the exhibit (which I thought was lame - we've seen it all in the movies, so why can't we take pictures?). But they had dozens of different character costumes, the wands, the quidditch equipment, some of the creatures, and we were able to sit in Hagrid's massive chair from his hut. It was geekdom at it's finest, and I loved it.

The rest of the museum was also awesome, it's one of my favorites. I've been there multiple times, and it's always fun to look around, and it's so interactive so for once, science is fun. I love the baby chick hatchery, and sadly the most disturbing yet interesting part of the museum containing fetus' from different stages of pregnancy was closed down. Here are some more pictures from the adventure (please note, I'm not a photographer).





My favorite part about going to an art school is our forming of 'creative posses.' I've met a slew of creative people, and my friend Alice is a great photographer (hopefully soon you will get to see some of her work, I've recruited her to take some pictures for the blog!). My apartment got turned into a photo studio, and we had a good time with it.




Then this past Friday, my friends and I rolled out to the Metro, which is a pretty big venue in the Chicago area. Once a month, they have an event for 18+ called 'One Night Stand.' The DJ's were ON POINT. It was so fun to go and dance for a few hours, and we'll definitely be hitting it up again next month. Clayton Hauck from everyoneisfamous.com was there, so hopefully I will be able to post some pictures soon. But if you are in the Chicago area and fall into the 18+ category, definitely check it out!

Now I'm off to go check out apartments in Lincoln Park, and grab some lunch before class. Until next time!

Current music: Wait, Wait - Lightning Love


2 comments:

claytonhauck said...

I was at One Night Stand but I didn't take any photos that night.. only DJed. Sorry!

EXPOSURE said...

Aw, bummer! Still crazy fun though :)