Sunday, December 7, 2008

Twilight, you had to see it coming.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
There is a chance that I am really late on this Twilight business, because so far it seems that everyone and their mother and third cousins have seen this movie.

I had been holding off seeing this movie, and I wasn't too enthused about seeing this, but I'm always in for seeing if things live up to their hype. I guess it can first be said that I am not the hugest Twilight fan ever. I like the idea of the books, but it must be said that Stephanie Meyer is not the best writer in the world.

Anyway, when my friend asked me to go, I was having kind of a downer night, so I agreed to it.

The beginning of the movie was incredibly awkward. Mainly because of the first few awkward conversations between Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson). It also became immediately annoying to me that they kept doing close ups of the Cullen family, the pale skinned vampires. Of course, to make these kids white, there was some makeup involved, and every time they zoomed in on Edward's face, it was very obvious the amount of makeup he was wearing.

One of the things I had to give major credit for was that the movie did follow pretty closely with the book. From what I remember of the book, most of the major events were in there and it held pretty true to the text.

The scene that I loved the most was the baseball scene. I liked the part in the book, because it's pretty sweet to think about what a game of baseball would be like with a family who has super powers in speed and strength. The movie did a good job at bringing this to life.

The other great thing about the movie was the camera angles. There were some really beautiful shots in the film, not just of the characters, but the scenery as well.

When it comes down to giving this movie a rating, I would give it a 3 out of 5. After the awkward beginning, the movie gets much better and the way that it was filmed takes it to a new level.

However, if you are in your mid-30's or 40's, please don't show up and make out. It really grosses us youngin's out.

Oh, and movie makers, why was the infamous "Do I dazzle you?" line not included in the film? I was looking forward to it!

-Courtney Kaz.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't like the book? That surprises me, Court.

Blake Deanne said...

i was so bummed out that the "do i dazzle you?" line was not in there. they also messed up the "exactly my brand of heroin line" by saying, "my own personal brand..." that's a pretty famous line in the book, so you think they would've got it right.

anyway, i don't think it's the most amazing ever. they didn't address a few things in the movie that are really important to the rest of the series, but hopefully, they can make it up in the following movies.


/ohmygodisoundlikeahugetwilightfangirl :(

Anonymous said...

I liked the movie for the most part. I didn't like a lot of the things they moved around that were in certain scenes in the book but were in a completly different part in the book. Also, some of the lines they didn't include, like the "Do I dazzle you?" line. Or maybe I had really high expectations for the movie.