Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes we did


I figured that today, if any, would be the best day to make a blog post. Especially since today: History was made.

All morning, I waited in anticipation for the moment when Barack Obama would officially become the president of our nation. When it finally happened, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. After eight years of being subjected to the least inspiring and one of the worst presidents our country has ever had, this was a breath of fresh air.

Already, it feels like the mood has shifted. Especially for the people in our younger generation. It's inspiring to see the underdog come out on top. Without a doubt, Obama is one of the most charismatic speakers I have ever heard. And for once, I finally believe in what a politician is saying. If for some reason he doesn't fully follow through with all the promises of change that he has made, I think that the movement he has started definitely will.

What an amazing night. I really do believe that this is the start of something beautiful.

I am proud to be an American, and I hope all of you are, too.

-Courtney Kaz.

No comments: