Sunday, February 8, 2009

Peep This: 2012

A few days ago, I logged into Myspace, and was incredibly weirded out by the banner that was on the log-in page. It said something to the effect of, "how would the governments of our planet prepare 6 billion people for the end of the world? They wouldn't. But we will." Although I don't entirely believe it, the thought of the world ending in 2012 has always creeped me out. Curiosity was killing me, so I clicked on the banner.

This took me to a page that for The Institute for Human Continuity. The website shows a few of the theories of how the world is going to be coming to an end, and offers up a 'Survival Lottery Ticket.' Apparently this ticket ensures you a spot in the mass group who would be trying to survive the imminent apocalypse.

At first I found the site to be incredibly amusing. Because if the world was ending - why would a little online lottery ticket help you survive in any way? But when I started clicking around, I realized that Sony Entertainment had made the website. Why?

As a viral campaign for a movie expected to come out in November of this year which illustrates the different methods of how our world will end. There's also a pretty awesome cast including John Cusack and Amanda Peet.


There's one of the trailer's for the film. Looks pretty epic, yet somewhat chilling at the same time.

It always makes you wonder..

-Courtney Kaz.

No comments: