I was going to try to do these band recommendations on Sunday or Monday, BUT, Sunday is my day of rest, and really - who wants to do anything on a Monday besides complain about it? I think Hump Day is a suitable day for these. If I am ever tardy on a band recommendation day or a Favorite Song Friday, feel free to harass me at theoddnotes@gmail.com and make me get it done.
Here are this weeks bands:
Northern Michigan has been teased over the past few days with some warm weather. As the seasons change, so do my musical tastes - and when I get Spring and Summer, I want some good ol' pop-punk. Good thing New York band With the Punches found their way to me on Myspace on a 60 degree day. This band is loaded with great energy and will easily be able to remind you why pop-punk music is a guilty pleasure of yours. This band has the vocals that make up a great poppy sounding group, but the music is a little harder, and creates an infectious blend that makes it easy to listen to.Myspace: www.myspace.com/withthepunches
Recommended song: Keep it Going
Similar artists: Set Your Goals, the Higher, Thieves and Villains
I had this band in my Top Five list a few weeks ago, but this band deserves to have more attention drawn to them than just their name being put in a list. Hailing from Syracuse, New York, Jacksons Kid Summer has managed to accomplish one of my favorite things: mixing female and male vocals together, and actually harmonizing properly to sound good. Really good. The lyrics are smart and are backed with energy that is able to wash over you and pull you into the music.Myspace: www.myspace.com/jacksonskidsummer
Recommended song: Saturday Night (wait until the middle, it will blow you away)
Similar artists: The Morning Of
That's it for this week! Please check out these bands and support them all you can. They are well deserving of the attention.
-Courtney Kaz.
2 comments:
JKS FTW ! SO GOOD !
Cool blog as for me. I'd like to read something more about this theme.
By the way look at the design I've made myself A level escort
Post a Comment