Growing up, I was a huge fan of Maurice Sendak. His stories were always enough to satisfy my young mind, and the illustrations that filled them were also enough to leave me envious. I dug Little Bear, and of course, Where the Wild Things Are. My sister is also a fan of this particular story. I'll admit, it has been awhile since I've read the book, but the new trailer for the movie version of it has set my heart on fire with excitement. It does not look like this movie is going to disappoint at all. Even just the commercials show how beautiful of a film this is going to be. I cannot wait for it.
Also, I hear the plug is going to be pulled on Blender magazine, and that the April edition coming out will be the last issue. I'm not devastated. I'm not a subscriber, but I do read friend's copies, and they left me fairly unimpressed. What makes me worry more though, is the fact that I'm about to drop a ton of money on college to go into a writing field. Into a field where publications are struggling to stay afloat and things are transferring more and more onto the internet. We'll have to see how the next five years are...
Tomorrow: Favorite Song Friday, I haven't forgotten! I may even post it as soon as it is Friday here at midnight to be even more sure that I do not forget.
-Courtney Kaz.
No comments:
Post a Comment