Wednesday, March 4, 2009

M.S. Corley book covers

I think I am kind of late on this, but I've been seeing these around and I have decided that they are too cool to not post.

I have yet to express my love for books on here, but be assured that I am close to becoming a certified bookworm/nerd. I'm always reading, always have a book on me, and literature is the first thing that I could remember loving (since kindergarten!). However, I think I break every reader's golden rule: don't judge a book by it's cover. I am usually drawn to the crisp photographs and minimalistic that adorn the covers of most books that are published these days.

But when I saw these covers by M.S. Corley, I fell in love. They remind me of the boxes of musty books that my mom still has from the 70's - which in this case is a really good thing. He's managed to take newer favorite's like Harry Potter and the Series of Unfortunate Events and completely redesign them to look vintage and awesome. These covers are definitely made to be judged, and they get great ratings in my book. Har har.



Check out the rest of the covers at http://mscorley.blogspot.com/

-Courtney Kaz

No comments: