Sunday, I made my way down to The House Café in Dekalb, IL for yet again, another awesome show. I was pretty hesitant at first considering From First to Last was one of those bands that I listened to in high school and the crowd that usually listened to them consisted of 14 year old fan girls who thought Sonny Moore was the best thing since sliced bread. Regardless of that stereotype being the only one I could think of that would attend such a show, I went… mostly for The Color Morale and The Color of Violence.
The show started off with The Color of Violence playing first and I was beyond blown away by their performance. I knew this was a side project of Travis Richter and Derek Bloom’s (From First to Last) creation, but what I didn’t know was that I would be so awestruck in the contrast of the music made by both bands. Travis Richter had such an intense energy around him and going on and to be honest, I felt like I was the only one who was totally in to that. During their set, they invited Joel Coan to come up and play drums for one of their songs since he had recorded drums for one of songs off of Youthanize. Again, I was completely mindblown and I’m still trying to find missing pieces of my jaw from that night.
Next up: The Color Morale. This band has been in Rockford, IL for quite a while and this was the first show to kick off their tour with the signing of Rise Records and their new album, We All Have Demons. I’m pretty sure that at least half of the crowd was there for The Color Morale. They put such an intense show on and I was front and center for the whole thing. Now, if you’re front and center for a show at The House, you’re going to get mauled. My legs are so destroyed because I was constantly being pushed up against the stage. Regardless, it was still an AMAZING set. The liveliness of the crowd was so intense, it was like this was a huge family gathering because everyone seemed to know each other.
Miss May I is a band from Ohio and again, an incredibly insane band to watch. Their stage presence was great, the music was awesome and the guys were so friendly. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get any photos of the guys, but I think the other photos make up for it. At least, I hope they do!
Lastly, From First to Last. I was yet again, blown away by their AMAZING performance. These guys do such a great job putting on a show. The last time I had seen them was at Warped Tour several years ago and I can tell you right now, I knew this set was going to be better than that times ten and oh, it was. They played a new song and Travis Richter said to me back in February via Twitter that From First to Last was going to come back and blow everyone’s minds. He was dead on. Their new material, set to be released in February of 2010, is so great, I can hardly wait for it to come out.
Be sure to check out the bands if they’re coming to a city near you!
http://www.myspace.com/thecolormorale
http://www.myspace.com/missmayi
http://www.myspace.com/thecolorofviolence
http://www.myspace.com/fftl
No comments:
Post a Comment